iStock - iStockphoto
iStockphoto.com (now iStock) is one of the top stock photography agencies; they are the pioneer for the Microstock image industry.
iStockphotos charges less than other leading stock photo agencies. With a large library of stock photos and images, you could find anything you need at your preferred budget, unless you are looking for specific images. The company has a cheaper price range compared to even its most leading competitor, Shutterstock. They off prices ranging from $1.69 to $0.24 for each of its credits with some items costing more than one credit but other items don’t.
iStock is an international microstock photography agency that offers millions of images, illustrations, videos, audio and clip art. It has a global community of 140,000 thousand artists, contributing their work from all around the world. Talented designers, photographers and artists submit approximately half a million new stock files every month, widening the already vast collection of the website.
Originally known as iStockphoto, the website was acquired by Getty Images for $50 million. It accepts business in the following currencies: British pound, Yen, Euro, Australian dollar, Chinese RMB, Canadian dollar and US dollar. It has contributors, who apply via short quizzes on legal issues, basic photography knowledge, polices and requirements, from around the world. Of course, it requires them to be at least 18 years of age.
Reasons to Choose iStock over other Stock Agencies
Many larger and more successful stock photo agencies are distributed all over the Internet. Each of them possesses qualities and features that make them stand out from the rest. iStock also has some features that makes it a good choice as your primary source of stock images. Here are some of the reasons why you should choose the stock site.
- Unparalleled Quality. iStock offers images with supreme quality. It has a Signature and Essentials collection that include top quality images. The Essentials collection provides everyday content, while the Signature collection features hand-picked images only available in the website.
- Unbelievable Prices. iStock offers images from $1.69 to $0.24, making it charge less than other stock photo sites. It features credit packages for as low as $33 and subscription plans at $199. You can download images with unparalleled quality for these unbelievable prices. Get the best rates on images, illustrations, videos and audios.
- Lightboxes. Lightboxes allow you to save files for future use. It allows you to keep track of your favorite stock files as well. Create lightboxes to organize and save your favorite images for future reference.
- Powerful Search Engine. iStock helps you find the images you are looking for with a powerful search tool. Typing the keywords in to the search bar is the easiest way for you to find the right image for you creative projects and iStock offers you that. If even allows you to add filters to refine your searches.
Pricing and Plans
iStock promises incredible stock at flexible pricing and it does not lie. It offers two flexible options – credit packages and subscriptions plans – that you will surely find helpful with your creative endeavors. These two purchasing options allows you to download images as you need them.
- Pay per Download with Credits. Using credits, you can download images as you need them. Credits are the website’s currency and are sold in preset packs. They work in one principle: you save more when you buy more. As you purchase larger credit packs, you are also entitled to bigger discounts. Credits never expire. You can use them as long as your account is active. They can also be refunded within 14 days, provided that you have not used any credits.
- Subscribe and Save. If you need a set limit of downloads every month, then you will greatly benefit from a subscription plan. Subscription plans lets you enjoy images at the lowest prices. It allows you to access more downloads in a month, depending on the plan you choose. Images purchased with a plan must be used only within 30 days of the subscription because when the plan ends the license is also terminated.
iStock features generous monthly download limits, which are designed to give you all the content you need for your project every month. One month from the start date of your subscription, the maximum number of images you are allowed to download is reset. This means that they are not rolled over from one month to another. The website does not hold or extend subscriptions as well.
A standard subscription plan is only built for one user. This means that you cannot share them. If you are part of a team with multiple number of users, you can get the Teamshare to download creative content with your team members. With teamshare, everyone in the team can download from the same monthly download limit.
iStock Coupon Code
iStock provides its users coupons for more discounts. It also partners with other websites such as stockphotosecrets.com to give iStock coupons to members of the creative community. The codes are applicable to your next credit package purchase, which means that you cannot use it on your current plan. You cannot combine them with other promotional offers and discounts as well. The next time you buy credits or subscribe to a plan, get coupon codes to enjoy bigger savings.
iStock is one of the most successful stock photo agencies in the world. It offers incredible stock at very flexible pricing. With unparalleled quality and unbelievable prices, it is one of the best sites to download stock images for your creative projects. Get a subscription plan or purchase a credit package today to download the images you need. Moreover, get an iStock coupon code to enjoy bigger discounts.
Celebrate with iStock and take advantage of the latest offers to see you through the year!For the first time, iStock now offers new customer 14% off 6 or more credits with promo code.... more ››
Celebrate with iStock and take advantage of the latest offers to see you through the year!Existing customers can receive 12% off 12 or more credits with promo code.... more ››
New customers get 15% off an annual or monthly subscriptionHurry up and redeem it now – here is how it works. This coupon is only for new iStock annual subscriptions but you will get 15% rebate on t... more ››
If only want some credits from iStock, this is the coupon for you to go. You can purchase 3 or more credits and get 10% off in 2015 with the coupon. You can check below how to redeem it.... more ››
Offer: Get 20% off on 18 or more credits at iStockphoto with using this code. We recommend to buy more credits to save more money, remember their credits do not expire anymore.... more ››